Sunday 7 February 2016

Humble Beginnings

So after a hiatus from 40k I have decided that I want to get back in to it and have thrown myself in at the deep end. Well I say the deep end, I have thrown myself in to From the Fang's "Double Trouble" Tournament later this year. so I need to organise 750 points between now and June- shouldn't be too bad (I have a feeling I may live to regret these words)





So what have I decided to take?

Well initially I was thinking Space Marines (or should that be Adeptus Astartes now!?), they were my first army getting into 40k and they were very tempting as a stepping stone to get back in to the game. I planned multiple lists, then I saw the new Wulfen models and started debating Space Wolves (I still have some all sealed in boxes so would negate needing to buy things) but no....

I have, finally, settled on a Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar army. I've recently finished re-watching all of Clive Barkers Hellraiser series and I've always loved the aesthetic of the Dark Eldar so it just seemed like the logical conclusion.





So where am I up to so far?

Well I have purchased both Codices (Dark Eldar and Haemonculus) on my iPad, meaning I can take them to work easier (although I intend to buy hard copies of both for the actual day) and also ordered myself a box of Wracks, a Haemonculus and a Venom. My logic is that I will be taking both of the first 2, and the Venom has always tempted me and will probably end up being included (as a bonus the new plastic Wracks set includes pieces to convert one to a pilot or gunner from what I've read).

So over the next few weeks and months I plan to chart my progress of getting back into the hobby and getting myself prepared for, what will undoubtedly, be a very fun and interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment