Tuesday 16 February 2016

It Begins....

So it's time to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard at least) and start coming up with some concepts.




Do I go for something with balance and synergy, hoping to be paired with someone similar each round so we have all the bases covered. Or do I go to one extreme and hope my partner balances out what my force is lacking?


I would absolutely love to go one way and focus heavily but the more I think about it, I don't want to ruin someone else's day by having a force that adds nothing to their own so I think I am going to try and go for something more balanced. It is also at this point that I've had to make the decision and compromise more than I wanted in that I will be using the Dark Eldar codex I think and not the Haemonculus covens book. I just think that with the restrictions of the tournament in place that the Haemonculus Covens book doesn't contain enough variety to actually be a valid and balanced force.

I am not completely abandoning my idea though and the central unit of my army is still going to be a unit of Wracks with a Haemoculus (mainly because I look forward to painting those models!)

So here is my current thoughts along with a bit of a rambling about why I made the choice;

HQ
Haemonculus [70]
Need to take a HQ and will help by buffing the Wracks.

Elite
9 Wracks [180]
- 1 Ossefactor
- Raider with Dark Lance & Night Shields
This unit is to firstly keep the theme I originally wanted for the army and secondly adds some combat punch to the force. The Raider with Dark Lance adds a bit of anti-tank capability and gives me the ability to redeploy the unit very quickly.

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors [175]
- 1 Dark Lance
- Raider with Dark Lance & Night Shields

10 Kabalite Warriors [175]
- 1 Dark Lance
- Raider with Dark Lance & Night Shields
The main bulk of the force again mounted in Raiders with Dark Lances to add more anti-tank punch. Each unit also has a Dark Lance for further anti-tank fire when required but they will primarily be a unit for securing objectives and raking the enemy with poisoned rapid fire weapons.
note; I am tempted to swap out the Dark Lances in the Units to tailor them better as anti-infantry squads.

Fast Attack

Razorwing Jetfighter [150]
- Splinter Cannon
- 2 Dark Lances
- 4 Monoscythe Missiles
Originally this was a Ravager with 3 Dark Lances but in the name of a bit more balance I felt that sacrificing a single Dark Lance to gain a Splinter Cannon and some decent anti-infantry missiles was the better choice.


So there you have it, my first potential list with my thoughts. I'd appreciate any and all feedback on any/all of it.

1 comment: