Tuesday 9 February 2016

Double Trouble

After my recent ramblings it's come to my attention that I probably should write a bit about the actual Double Trouble tournament, the rules pack and the reason I am finding it harder than normal to actually come up with an army list...




For complete details please go over and have a look here, and have a look around the rest of it while you're there! Absolutely amazing blog!


The major selling point for me is summarily as follows;

Anyway back to the point in hand....
  • Each game your 750 point army will be paired with another 750 point army, and the 2 of you will be pitted against another pairing. Important note- the allies chart is obviously not used and whatever the pairing you will be counted as Battle Brothers.

However to balance this there are restrictions on what you can take in your 750 point force and these are;
  • One Detachment OR Formation per 750pt army (detachments which are made up of formations, e.g. the SM Gladius Strike Force, are not permitted)
  • No Super Heavy Vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures or Fortifications
  • No unit may be taken more than twice (excluding dedicated Transports). There are a few amendments to this but you can read those on the Blog (you really should read that blog!)
and finally one MAJOR POINT
  • Imperial Armour/Horus Heresy Armies and Forge World 40k Legal units ARE permitted (provided they still abide by the above rules)
As you can imagine this opens up an awful lot of avenues and options for Force selection but also I hope this explains my previous ramblings about making choices hard. Does one try to make a balanced 750 point army? or do you focus on something specific and hope you get paired with complimentary forces?

What are your opinions?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried to come up with a list for this yet. I'm thinking of taking my Guard or Orks, the mass of bodies on the other side of the table should hopefully give my opponents pause (plus my White Scars or Ravenwing armies would be tiny at 750 pts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried guard on Wednesday night. for various reasons it didn't go well. im gonna write it up, but suffice to say I only had a leman russ left at the end.

    ReplyDelete